What’s New In Woocommerce 3.0 To Make You Upgrade To?
Owning an eye-catching interface, having high security level along with huge support community and reasonable price policy are the main reasons make WooCommerce has become one of the world’s number one eCommerce platforms.
Most recently, according to the report published by BuiltWith website, WooCommerce officially won about ecommerce topped, surpassing tycoon Magento with 12% market share.
Reason makes the success of the WooCommerce is major by WooCommerce Developer Teams, who have never stopped the research and development process to create the excellent products that fit and meet the majority of users. And one of WooCommerce version has been being interested and contributed to WooCommerce success is WooCommerce 3.0. So today we will discuss “What’s new in WooCommerce 3.0 to Make You Upgrade To”.
1. A significantly upgraded product gallery
When upgrading to WooCommerce, your product gallery also comes with new zoom, gallery view and mobile features.
With the 2.6 version released last year, most of the users had complained about gallery’s functionality — especially on mobile devices and smaller screen sizes — and felt it was time for a change. Fortunately, all these limitations are overcome with the WooCommerce 3.0.
We can describe the upgraded product gallery of WooCommerce 3.0 through 4 ideas:
- With one product picture: Users now can both zoom into pictures of product from a lightbox popup and enlarge some image from the page.
- More intuitive behavior: Instead of having to open an additional lightbox before, now you can click on a thumbnail updates the main image.
- Mobile viewers: These older versions would scale to match the browser window, it makes every user feel very unsatisfied! Differ with the precious, you absolutely can zoom an image displayed its true site with WooCommerce 3.0. In addition, users are able to scroll, pinch to zoom, and swipe up to close the current image
2. Multiple speed and performance improvements
Core changes have been made to make WooCommerce 3.0 faster and more efficient. One test showed that WooCommerce’s speed was 94% higher than its predecessors.
The following are two important improvements of the WooCommerce 3.0 performance:
- Use taxonomies to determine and display the featured products, product images as well as out of stock products instead of the slower post meta, and
- The number of queries was reduced for upsells and related products on product and cart pages.
3. The addition of CRUD classes
What should you need if you want to upgrade the price of this product? First, you need to know where that price stored. You also have to know in what format that data is stored and how to upgrade that data is the last thing you need to know.
It is too difficult for someone who is using the older version of WooCommerce, but an improvement of 3.0 – The addition of CRUD classes, the upgrading product is done perfectly. Instead of having a list of product properties, one of which is price, and you can call ->set_regular_price() to set the data, followed by ->save() to make that data persist in the database Where is gets stored is none of your concern and formatting is handled for you.
4 benefits come up with WooCommerce 3.0:
- Structured data was defined for each resource so users can look it up straightforward.
- Users control the flow of data, and any validation needed.
- The data can be moved elsewhere e.g. custom tables, without affecting existing code.
- Less code means fewer changes, plus more tests
4. A new CLI powered by the Rest API
A command line tool for WordPress that makes managing WordPress sites quicker and easier for WordPress professionals is CLI. WooCommerce 3.0 includes an integration layer for WP-CLI. With version 3.0, the WooCommerce CLI has been completely overhauled to better integrate it with WooCommerce and the REST API.
After reading this article, I think that you are indeed deeply impressed with the features of WooCommerce 3.0. In case you want to upgrade your current store to Version 3.0, I recommend you to use this migration tool.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us as soon as possible!