Each platform has a particular structure and its own way of coding password. Switching e-commerce platform makes old accounts of your clients no longer valid. Accordingly, an issue possibly happening is that your customers cannot sign in your site and will feel uncomfortable and inconvenient to reset or create another account. The worst situation could be losing your customers due to unhappy experience.
Fortunately, as one of the world leading data migration experts, LitExtension provides all services to help you solve any problems relating to data transfer. Thus, this article will give you detailed instruction on how to migrate your customer password with LitExtension.
What is Customer Password Migration Plugin?
Customer Password Migration is a plugin of LitExtension allowing users to migrate customer passwords from old platform to a new one. Therefore, shoppers can possibly log into new site normally without reseting password or creating a new account.
Which Pairs of Carts Can You Perform Customer Password Migration?
Currently, LitExtension is supporting migrating users’ password from the following platforms to Magento, WooCommerce, PrestaShop and OpenCart.
How To Download Customer Password Migration Plugin
The plugin is available for download below. Please ensure your cart is in the above list.
- Magento Password Plugin
- WooCommerce Password Plugin
- Prestashop Password Plugin
- OpenCart Password Plugin
How to Install
Before installing, please be noted that:
- The plugin should be installed only to the Target Cart
- We recommend to keep Password Migration plugin activated till all of your customers log in at least once. Afterwards, it can be disabled or deleted.
- For additional information about your Password Migration, please do not hesitate to Contact Us for further assistance.
To set up the plugin, you should download the Password Migration Plugin package above, extract it and follow the set up guide below:
For Magento Platform
- Step 1: Access to Magento store by using FTP program and upload ‘LitExtension’ folder to your Magento /app/code folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder
cd path_to_the_store_root_folder run these commands: php bin/magento module:enable LitExtension_CustomerPassword php bin/magento setup:upgrade }
For WooCommerce Platform
- Step 1: Download the LitExension Password plugin
- Step 2: Go to WordPress backend, then select Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin and upload password plugin.
- Step 3: Activate the module in WordPress backend
For Prestashop Platform
- Step 1: Upload the folder “lecmprepass” to your Prestashop “modules” folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just upload the new folder to the folder root.
- Step 2: Go to Back Office -> Select on tab ‘Improve’ -> ‘Modules’ -> Module Catalog -> Module Catalog
- Step 3: Search for the keyword : ‘LitExtension Customer Password Plugin’ , click ‘Install’
For OpenCart Platform
- Step 1: Login to OpenCart admin, go to Extensions tab -> Installer (https://prnt.sc/pmi439)
- Step 2: Click Upload to upload our plugin (https://prnt.sc/pmi4eu)
- Step 3: Go to Extensions and choose “modules” as the extension type (https://prnt.sc/pmi4n4)
- Step 4: Select LitExtension Password and click install
- Step 5: When finishing the above steps, you can see our plugin as shown here https://prnt.sc/pmi5et
For any question, bug report, plugin request, please drop us a message with your detailed info at: http://litextension.com/contacts, or email us: email@example.com
We are striving to get your issue solved within 24 hours.