How to get 3dcart REST API
The 3dcart API is organized around REST. Our API is designed to have predictable, resource-oriented URLs and to use HTTP response codes to indicate API errors. We use built-in HTTP features, like HTTP verbs, which can be understood by off-the-shelf HTTP clients. JSON or XML will be returned in all responses from the API, including errors.
Please following this step to do it:
I. Step 1: Create your app:
The first step in getting started is to signup for a developer account at http://devportal.3dcart.com. Once you have finished registration, click the ‘Add New’ button to add an application to your account. Enter your application’s name and click the ‘Create App’ button. This will generate a public/private key pair. The private key is required within your application to connect to the 3dcart API, and will be passed in each request header with the ‘PrivateKey’ header key (see chapter on ‘Authentication’ for more details and code examples).
- Register account to site: https://devportal.3dcart.com
- Login to https://devportal.3dcart.com, click Add new to My Apps :
- Please enter Application Name, (example name: migration) select all module with full access:
4. When you are finished, please click Create App. Then, you can see Public Key:
5. Click show key on Private Key to show Private key:
II. Step 2: Authorize “your app” at 3dcart store:
The public key is required by 3dcart merchants to subscribe to your application, which authorizes your application to access the 3dcart merchant’s store data. So, the public key will be used by 3dcart merchants to authorize your application. The 3dcart merchant will complete this process in Modules -> REST API
Go to Modules 3dcart site:
1. Look for the REST API module and click on its + Icon to expand the selection.
2. Click “Add” and paste Public Key is created at the previous step.
3. When “your app” application is found, click Authorize
III. Step 3: Find the token:
Login to https://devportal.3dcart.com again and click Edit of “your app” App, go to source site you want to migrate data, you will see Token:
Once the merchant has subscribed to your application, their domain name will be listed in your application’s information screen under the section ‘Stores that are using this APP’. Also listed on this page is the token that was generated when the merchant subscribed to your application
Once the registration and subscription process has been completed (see chapter on ‘Registration’ for more information), you will have the information necessary for authentication with your API client. You will need the following from your application’s information within your Dashboard at http://devportal.3dcart.com:
The Secure URL, Private Key, and Token will then need to be included in the HTTP Header of every request (see ‘Sample Authentication’ below):
- SecureUrl: 3dcart merchant’s Secure URL.
- PrivateKey: Your application’s private key.
- Token: The 3dcart merchant’s token.
The endpoint URL for all requests will be (please note that you MUST connect securely via HTTPS)
Please learn more at: https://apirest.3dcart.com/Help