Magento is one of the most powerful open source e-commerce platform. According to Builtwith, there are about 800.000 live websites based on this platform. It is forecasted to develop even more in the future. It means choosing Magento, you are not worried about being backward. To operate Magento well, the user is encouraged to learn a little about technical skill. To develop a Magento to site, merchant often pay average $30.000-40.000. Besides, many people want to upgrade Magento to new version to achieve higher sales and growth. However, many people think that Magento upgrade is complicated and requires deep programming knowledge. Many others find helps from some freelancer or web agency. But there is a way that you can upgrade Magento site easily and accurately and can be performed by any user. This article is going to show you the easiest way to upgrade Magento site.
1. Why should you upgrade your Magento site?
The most important reason, many merchants having experienced Magento new version agreed that Magento 2 is the best choice for them and really worth investment.
Here are the reason:
- Improved performance and scalability
- Improved checkout process
- Mobile Friendly
- Easy to upgrade
- Better and friendlier admin interface
2. What are possible if you upgrade your Magento?
When you upgrade Magento store, there is almost no changes affecting your store except advantages mentioned above.
It means that all data will be transferred including products and product’s informations, categories, customers, customer’s password, orders, languages,… Moreover, you also can maintain store rank on Google, so your online business activity will be preserve well.
3. How can I upgrade Magento
It is true when saying that you don’t need to have technical skills to perform this task. Some data migration providers have gave user a very simple to do that effortlessly even without helps from experts. And LitExtension has been widely known as a world leading in this area. The service is highly advanced and and simple, friendly with all people and attached with a reasonable price.
This method requires you to set up a raw Magento new store. You can finish design and other development activity either before and after upgrading Magento site.
To perform Magento upgrade, you will do through 3 simple steps:
- Step 1. Cart Setup: To begin with, you only need to choose Magento as cart type for both source and target, then provide URL and install connector to establish an access gateway to your data
- Step 2. Entity Selection: Easily select entities you want to migrate and additional options to extend your migration possibility, such as Clear data on target site (to have a fresh site), Preserve IDs of products, customers, password, SEO,… Then mapping your languages, order statuses and customer group to help them to be displayed correspondingly on new Magento site
- Step 3: Launching Migration: You can try free Demo with 20 entities limited or launch Full Migration immediately. After that you can close browser window. The migration will keep running until finished, an email will be sent to you to inform.
In concusion, this is the easiest way to upgrade Magento site, now you can try Free Demo by yourself easily.
It’s time to change if you want to promote your online business activity!