What is Connector and How to Set Up Connector File?
What is Connector?
Connector is a plugin that enables shopping cart migration tool to access your website database. Thereby, it can make the data migration to your desirable store possible.
LitExtension connectors are special access gateways that are completely secured by unique Security Tokens bounded to your personal account. In order for our connectors and migration process to perform correctly, you should attach “le_connector” folder in your store’s root folder.
3 Easy Steps to Install Connector file
The procedure is the same for macOS, Windows and Linux users. You can use Filezilla or any FTP app (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP)
- Download Connector to your computer via our provided link.
- Upload folder “le_connector” to your Source/Target store’s root folder via FTP
- Check Connector file’s installation status
Now, let’s go into more detail about each step to set up LitExtension connector:
- Firstly, at your Migration Setup page, after filling Source/Target cart URL, easily download connector by clicking “Download Litextension Connector”. You will receive a zip file.
- Upload the folder “le_connector” to your Source / Target store via FTP. Whichever FTP client you are using (FileZilla, WinSCP, FileFTP, CuteFTP) enter the root folder of your store and paste the “le_connector” folder you extracted from the zip file previously.
- Subsequently, go back to the migration page, if you see the automatic message as below, it means that connector is working correctly and you can proceed with the next step of your migration.
Done! You have already installed LitExtension connector successfully. Hit next to finish your data migration with LitExtension!
Main Reason for Connector Setup Issue and How to Fix
Issue 1: You clicked on the Download link but there is no “Connector Installed” message shown after that?
*Solution: It could be due to your permission setting upon the uploaded files and folder. You can set permissions as follows:
- 755 or 777 for “/le_connector” folder, if you are using Filezilla you can simply right click on the “/le_connector” folder in your root folder, select file permissions and set the necessary value.
- 644 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 755) or 666 (if “/le_connector” folder permission is set to 777) for “connector.php”.
Issue 2: You have followed our instruction above but it is still not working?
*Solution: No worries, we provide 24/7 live chat support and can absolutely give a helping hand for that, just click here to “Contact Us” for further assistance.