Shopify was launched in 2005 and today it powers more than 30.000 online stores. Even it has a high level of security and support, provides customized themes an friendly editor, there is a certain of number users tend to get disatified and want to find a new eCommerce platform Solution.
One of the common way is to switch to WooCommerce – one of the most popular plugin for WordPress. Main benefits of WooCommerce are use-friendly interface, advanced SEO and Marketing tools and excellent security as well.
In the case you have decided to perform a Shopify to WooCommerce switch, let LitExtension help you through the article below
1. Shopify and WooCommerce – Preview
Before you perform a Shopify to WooCommerce switch, let’s take a preview at WooCommerce and Shopify platforms to find out how the WooCommerce can improve your profit margins.
Shopify can be described in 5 sentences:
- Hosted paid Platform
- User-friendly interface
- Powerful functionality
- Flexible product
- High level security
What about WooCommerce?
- Free open source solution
- Smart dashboards widegets and reports
- Extended content management possibilities
- Wide set of eye – catching templetes
To say this quite bluntly , WooCommerce seems to be more interested than Shopify. Althought Shopify comes with beautiful design, high level security powerful functionality as well.
But with the freedom of WordPress’s platform, creating a personalized and efficient online store by WooCommerce is so easy.
Users can sell anything on their site with an innovative inventory system. WooCommerce also lets its users create marketing campaigns, implementing coupons, sales and other promotions easily to drive business. It is absolutely better than Shopify in design options and along with good pricing make WooCommerce becomes Top 2 eCommerce Platform in the world.
2. What data can be switched?
Almost Shopify users who want to switch to WooCommerce have a same issue: their website stored a very huge of database that can’t switch manually. So most of them choose one of Shopify to WooCommerce Switch tools that help them switch all database automatically.
Therefore let see what data can possibly be migrated by a Migration Tool:
- SKU, Name, Description, Qty, Stock Status, Model, Weight …
- Base Image, Additional Images
- Base Price, Special Price
- Assign to Product Categories
- Options (Size; Weight, Color …)
- Extra Fields ( Checkboxes, Dropdownlist, Radiobuttons)
- Variants: can be grouped with related variants together to form a product
- Name, Description, Base Image
- Username, First Name, Last Name, Email, DOB, Address …
- Customer Password (*)
- Order products, Product price, Qty, Date, Status, Discount price …
SEO URLs (*)
- Migrate Products and Categories SEO URLs
- Migrate 301 SEO URLs of categories and products
Custom fields (*)
- Custom fields of Products, Categories, Customers and Orders
3. Performing Shopify to WooCommerce switch
- Read our latest update on How to migrate your store from Shopify to WooCommerce in 2019
To perform the switching Shopify to Magento, you have to do is to follow four steps below:
Step 1: Backup your WooCommerce website (Target Site)
Whatever source site you’re switching, please backup all database stored on the WooCommerce website. In case it is totally a new site and doesn’t have anything, probably you have not do something else.
Step 2: Download Shopify to WooCommerce Migration Tool then perform migration process.
Step 3: Double check to make sure all the database switched right.
Step 4: Point Domain to your target WooCommerce site.
That is it! We hope you can totally know about “Shopify to WooCommerce Switch”. In case you face some problems or have any questions, please feel free to contact LitExtension support Team as soon as possible!