Why And How To Convert Data From Magento To WooCommerce?
Nowadays most of us prefer shopping online than go out to any stores. Recently, a new report was showed that over a quarter of respondents purchase something online at least once a week. It opens a huge opportunity for someone who has an idea on the eCommerce Market.
The first steps to start an online business is choosing an e-commerce platform. There are more and more options to choose from. Two of the most popular self – hosted options are Magento and WooCommerce. Both of them are open-source and free to download.
Why they make that decision? And in that case, how to convert data from Magento to WooCommerce?
1. Why they convert to WooCommerce?
Both WooCommerce and Magento are giants in the eCommerce Platform industry, have the same market share and on the top 2 leading in the world.
We can indicate 4 similarities between them, which are:
- Open source
- Free (additional features are paid)
- Allow having a blog
- Big community
What are benefits of Magento’s users?
Data of BuiltWith in May 2017 found approx. 13 thousand Magento online shops within the Top one million, and they measure 235,000 Magento – based online stores on the entire web.
Below are listing advantages of Magento:
- Flexible: Magento allows its users to modify already existing features but also add new some features. In addition, it also does not limit the number of products added to the store.
- Multistore: Magento offers one professional administrative panel from which help each user can set up and manage several stores.
- Price: absolutely all of open source is free, but if your business grows, you have to pay some money to add any extension.
- Community: Magento always well-known for its large community where many specializes, designers, developers and other users joined. So it is very easy for you to find any helping hand by posting some questions.
Why a lot of people wanna convert from Magento to WooCommerce?
Although Magento offers a lot of benefits, it still has a lot of drawbacks for customers wanting to switch to another platform.
First of all, Magento is not easy to use. Someone who wants using Magento Platform must have any experiences in programing or technical to customize their store.
The second disadvantage is about hosting requirement. Also, notice that Magento’s resource is a “hungry” system. There may come a need to find appropriate web hosting. For that reason, you will need to pay some extra money for that.
Because of those disadvantages, many users tend to switch to a new eCommerce Platform, most popular is WooCommerce converting.
Different from Magento, WooCommerce is so easy to use. Not requirement any technical skills and management just is a piece of cake. Besides, WooCommerce can run on any basic shared hosting. And the last, you do not have to pay any charges for the installation or something else.
2.How to convert from Magento to WooCommerce?
The convert from Magento to WooCommerce is not an easy task. So all you have to do is to follow 4 steps below:
Step 1 – Prepare for the convert.
Before converting all of the databases, you need to: Notify for users; Choose the time when traffic is lowest; Make a backup; Install a migration tool.
Step 2 – Perform the convert.
- Firstly you have to provide information about Magento store (source site) and WooCommerce store (target site) as well.
- Then you have to choose entities you wish to move;
- Map languages, currencies and order statuses.
- Perform Demo Migration
- After that, start full migration
Step 3 – Double check to make sure all database switched right.
That’s all about “Why and How to convert data from Magento to WooCommerce?”. If you have any question, don’t hesitate to contact us as soon as possible!