How to migrate from Yahoo Store to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Yahoo Store to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to Yahoo Store store
– Permission for third IP to access Yahoo Store store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export data from Yahoo to CSV files
>> Export Orders to CSV files
- Access the Yahoo back-end, click on Process>> Order
- Enter a range of orders to export. (Yahoo allows to export maximum 3000 orders only for each time, so if your site contains over this number, you have to add all files to one)
- Select an export format from the pull-down menu. Choose .CSV.
- Click the Export button. Access and Generic CSV format, click the Download link for Orders.csv and save the file.
- Upload this data to Migration Wizard and proceed to the next step.
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to Shopify admin area, copy the admin url to use as “Cart Url” in the form below
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu.
- Press Private Apps button
- Click Create Private App button.
- In the next page, enter your App Title and change all Permissions to “Read and Write”. Then scroll to bottom, in Custom Storefront area, uncheck this option Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, you will see your API Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Yahoo Store is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify. You may need to create additional languages in Shopify to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Yahoo Store currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Yahoo Store order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Yahoo Store to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Yahoo Store will be preserved in Shopify , allowing keeping Pagerank.
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Yahoo Store to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Yahoo Store to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact Us for more support.