How to migrate from Wp-Ecommerce to BigCommerce?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Wp-Ecommerce to BigCommerce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to Wp-Ecommerce store
– Permission for third IP to access Wp-Ecommerce store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
2.1. Install Cart Migration
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
2.2. Install Connector
Install Connector for Wp-Ecommerce
- Step 1: Access to Wp-Ecommerce store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Upload the folder ‘cartmigration_connector’ to Wp-Ecommerce root folder by go to folder cartmigration_tool > cartmigration_connector.
- Step 3: Test the connector by accessing http(s)://yourstore.com/cartmigration_connector/connector.php. Connector is set up successfully if getting message “Connector installed”.
- Step 4: For security, open connector.php in ‘connector’ folder, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string which used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1 Set-Up: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Fulfill information in the setup table:
– Cart URL: Your Wp-Ecommerce URL
– Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php . The default token is: 123456
You need to retrieve API credentials from your Bigcommerce admin account.
1. Log in to your BigCommerce store’s control panel.
2. Go to Advanced Settings.
3. Then step to API Accounts.
4. Click Create API Account.
5. Enter a Name for the app, and copy or make note of the API Path.
6. Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/integration requires access.
7. Choose Modify permission for all API resources.
8. After making changes, click Save.
9. Copy or make note of the Client ID and Access Token. If you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge a text file containing the API token and Client ID should have downloaded to your computer.
3.2. Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for BigCommerce store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Wp-Ecommerce is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in BigCommerce.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Wp-Ecommerce currencies to proper BigCommerce currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Wp-Ecommerce order statuses to proper BigCommerce order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Wp-Ecommerce to BigCommerce.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case Wp-Ecommerce is still live and continue getting new data during migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in BigCommerce if you choose this option – Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Bigcommerce Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser or remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Wp-Ecommerce to BigCommerce migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You also can consider to migrate your current Wp-Ecommerce to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.