How to migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from WooCommerce to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to WooCommerce store
– Permission for the third IP to access WooCommerce store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The package consists of two main parts:
- Cart Migration Application (“cartmigration_app” folder)
- Connector (“cartmigration_tool” folder).
2.1. Install Cart Migration
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click on the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
2.2. Install Connector for WooCommerce
- Step 1: Access to WooCommerce store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Copy and upload the folder ‘cartmigration_connector’ in folder “cartmigration_tool” to WooCommerce root folder.
After finished please make sure Connector can be reached at:http(s)://yourstore.com/cartmigration_connector/connector.php
If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission.
– For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line: define(‘LECM_TOKEN’, ‘123456’);
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Note: please do not use special characters in token or else the migration tool might fail to work, it should contain number and alphabet characters only. Example:
- Good token: 12ab34cd56
- Bad token: #Fr35h#Mi!5
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of the migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Fulfill information in the setup table:
– Cart URL: Your WooCommerce URL
– Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php . The default token is: 123456
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin area, copy the admin Url (remove /admin) to use as “Cart Url” in migration.
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu. Then, scroll down the page and click Manage private apps link.
- In the next page, enter your Private app name. Click “Review disabled Admin API Permissions“and change all Permissions to “Read and Write“.
Then scroll to bottom, in Storefront API area, uncheck this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, at the Admin API area you will see API Key and Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign WooCommerce order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from WooCommerce to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: After the migration data is completed. In case WooCommerce is still live and continue getting new data during the migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of WooCommerce will be preserved in Shopify, allowing keeping Pagerank.
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
3.3. Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser or remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our WooCommerce to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider migrating WooCommerce to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.