How to migrate from Volusion to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Volusion to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to Volusion store
– Permission for the third IP to access Volusion store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export Data From Volusion
You need to go to backend of Volusion, export necessary data files as guide in the upload form
How to export data from Volusion:
- Sign in to your Volusion admin account.
- Go to Inventory -> Import/Export and click on “Standart Export” button.
- Select the appropriate data table from “Export from” drop-down.
- Select all Columns using checkbox.
- Select “CSV – Comma Delimited Text File” from “File Format” drop-down.
- Click on the “Export” button.
- Download generated files to your local computer.
* Shopify Setup
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin area, copy the admin Url (remove /admin) to use as “Cart Url” in migration.
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu. Then, scroll down the page and click Manage private apps link.
- In the next page, enter your Private app name. Click “Review disabled Admin API Permissions“and change all Permissions to “Read and Write“.
Then scroll to bottom, in Storefront API area, uncheck this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, at the Admin API area you will see API Key and Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Volusion is multilingual, corresponding languages (or store views) should be available in Shopify.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Volusion currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Volusion order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Volusion to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Volusion will be preserved in Shopify, allowing keeping Pagerank.
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Volusion to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider migrating Volusion to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact Us for more support.