How to migrate from Volusion to Prestashop?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Volusion to Prestashop easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
For Volusion Store:
- Please ensure you have the right permission to log-in to Volusion Admin Panel.
For Prestashop Store:
- Prestashop Store should be placed in a stable hosting or in localhost.
- PHP Curl must be enabled.
- PHP Fopen (allow_url_fopen) must be On.
- It also must not block connection to Volusion Store.
- Webserver (mostly apache) should have full permission to write on /img folder.
- Demo mode on backend should be turned off
- base64_decode should be allowed.
- It is strongly recommended to backup Prestashop Target Store first.
2.1. Download Migration Tool
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder. The module consists “lecartimport” folder
2.2. Prestashop Data Migration Tool Setup
Prestashop Data Migration Tool is a Prestashop Module which acts like a hub at Prestashop side to receive data and import it into Prestashop database. It can be installed just like all other Prestashop Modules:
- Using your FTP software, upload the folder “modules” to your PrestaShop root folder.
- Go to Back Office -> Select on tab ‘Modules’ -> Modules & Services
- Search for the keyword : ‘CartImport’ , click ‘Install’
- Click on the button ‘Configure’ to finish for the module installation.
2.3 Export data from Volusion
Please follow the brief guide right on the Step 1 of the migration tool to, for example for Volusion:
- Sign in to your Volusion admin account.
- Go to Inventory -> Import/Export and click on “Standart Export” button.
- Select the appropriate data table from “Export from” drop-down.
- Select all Columns using checkbox.
- Select “CSV – Comma Delimited Text File” from “File Format” drop-down.
- Click on the “Export” button.
- Download generated file to your local computer.
The following tables need to be exported:
3. Migration Plugins Setup
Migration Plugins are purchased and setup separately. They will provide additional functionalities to the tool. Normally plugins need to be customized and tweaked by LitExtension Team to fit customers requirements and will be sent to customers later on. There are a few types of plugin:
- Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin: helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in Target Prestashop Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
- Custom Fields Plugin: help migrate custom fields from Volusion Store to Target Prestashop Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into Prestashop Store.
- Customer Password Plugin: special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by Volusion Stores to Prestashop. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords.
To install plugins, just copy plugin files into the instructed folder inside your Prestashop store. New functionalities will be enabled.
4. Enter license key
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is required to activate your Migration Tool.
After purchasing the product, please login to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find download link and license key for the download package.
Login your Prestashop Target Store backend, select Cart Migration > Configuration, and copy and paste your license key here
Please login your Prestashop Target Store backend -> click on “Cart Import” TAB . The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
5.1 Volusion Configuration
Fulfill information in the setup table:
- Cart Type: Choose ‘Volusion’
- Cart URL: Your Volusion URL
- Upload CSV files you had in Step 2.Setup
5.2 Migration Configuration
- Languages Mapping: Pick the language to be mapped into Prestashop default language.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Volusion order statuses to proper Prestashop Store order statuses. Creating additional order statuses in Prestashop Store may be needed.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Prestashop Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your Volusion or anywhere else for images.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove Volusion Connector. Information shows in this step:
- Volusion : Volusion base url you have entered in Step 1, this url will be registered with your license.
- Entity limit: the limit associated with your license. To change this value, you need to upgrade/purchase another license code.
- Tips slider: handly tips you should know
- Migration progress: show current progress
- Console: show debug information.
- After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Transient” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Volusion to Prestashop migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Volusion to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more assistant.