How to migrate from Shopify to BigCommerce?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Shopify to BigCommerce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
2.1. Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin area, copy the admin Url (remove /admin) to use as “Cart Url” in migration.
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu. Then, scroll down the page and click Manage private apps link.
- In the next page, enter your Private app name. Click “Review disabled Admin API Permissions“and change all Permissions to “Read and Write“.
Then scroll to bottom, in Storefront API area, uncheck this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, at the Admin API area you will see API Key and Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
Get User name, API Path and API Token from BigCommerce
- Please Login to your Bigcommerce store’s control panel.
- Click on Advanced Settings > Legacy API Settings
- Press “Create a Legacy API Account”. Enter Username.
- Copy API Path and API Token for Source Cart setup.
- Click Save.
2.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for BigCommerce store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Shopify is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in BigCommerce.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Shopify currencies to proper BigCommerce currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Shopify order statuses to proper BigCommerce order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Shopify to BigCommerce.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case Shopify is still live and continue getting new data during migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in BigCommerce if you choose this option – Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Bigcommerce Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should keep API info on source site.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Shopify to BigCommerce migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You also can consider to migrate your current Shopify to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.