How to migrate from nopCommerce to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from nopCommerce to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to nopCommerce store
– Permission for third IP to access nopCommerce store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export data from NopCommerce to XML files
- Log into nopCommerce admin panel.
- Export data
- To export Manufactures, go to Catalog -> Manufactures -> Export to XML
- To export Categories, go to Catalog -> Categories -> List -> Export to XML
- To export Products, go to Catalog -> Products -> Manager Products -> Export to XML(all found)
- To export Customers, go to Customers -> Customers -> Export to XML(all found)
- To export Orders, go to Sales -> Orders -> Export to XML(all found)
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to Shopify admin area, copy the admin url to use as “Cart Url” in the form below
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu.
- Press Private Apps button
- Click Create Private App button.
- In the next page, enter your App Title and change all Permissions to “Read and Write”. Then scroll to bottom, in Custom Storefront area, uncheck this option Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, you will see your API Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your nopCommerce is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify. You may need to create additional languages in Shopify to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign nopCommerce currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign nopCommerce order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from nopCommerce to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of nopCommerce will be preserved in Shopify , allowing keeping Pagerank.
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our nopCommerce to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate nopCommerce to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact Us for more support.