How to migrate from nopCommerce to OpenCart?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from nopCommerce to OpenCart easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
- Please ensure you have the right permission to upload files to OpenCart.
- It must not block access from any third party IP.
- OpenCart Store can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process.
- PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
- It is strongly recommended to backup OpenCart Store first.
2.1. Cart Migration Setup:
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
2.2 OpenCart Store Connector Setup
After unzip the package module, go to folder “cartmigration_tool”, copy and upload “cartmigration_connector” into OpenCart Cart root folder. After finished please make sure Connector can be reached at:
If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission.
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your nopCommerce store.
Note: please do not use special characters in token or else the migration tool might fail to work, it should contain number and alphabet characters only. Example:
– Good token: 12ab34cd56
– Bad token: #Fr35h#Mi!5
2.3 Export data from NopCommerce to XML files
- Log into nopCommerce admin panel.
- Export data
- To export Manufactures, go to Catalog -> Manufactures -> Export to XML
- To export Categories, go to Catalog -> Categories -> List -> Export to XML
- To export Products, go to Catalog -> Products -> Manager Products -> Export to XML(all found)
- To export Customers, go to Customers -> Customers -> Export to XML(all found)
- To export Orders
- Go to Sales -> Orders -> Export to XML(all found)
- Go to Sales -> Orders -> Export to Excel(all found).
3. Extra Plugins Setup
Plugins are purchased and setup separately into Cart Migration. They will provide additional functionalities to the tool. Normally plugins need to be customized and tweaked by LitExtension Team to fit customers requirements and will be sent to customers later on. There are a few types of plugin:
- Products and Categories SEO Urls Plugin: helps migrate Products and Categories urls. Old urls will be saved in OpenCart Store and will be maintained to keep all current SEO ranking you have built up for years.
- Custom Fields Plugin: help migrate custom fields from X-Cart Store to OpenCart Store. This is useful in case customers have customized their store, for example: adding fields to database tables, and also want to migrate these fields into OpenCart Store.
- Customer Password Plugin: special plugin which adds the ability to read passwords encrypted by X-Cart to OpenCart. All passwords are migrated over and remains encrypted, customers can login to the new shop right away without the need of resetting passwords. To install, please Click Here or have a look at the read_me.txt in the Customer Password Plugin package.
Note: Plugins might not be available for some specific nopCommerce Cart or OpenCart Cart. Details setup instructions will be provided when you purchase the plugins.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz , you are now at Step 1 (2.1 Section) of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
4.1. Step 1: nopCommerce Cart and OpenCart Cart Setup
- Cart Type: Choose ‘nopCommerce’
- Cart URL: Your nopCommerce URL
- You must upload XML files you have exported on the step 2.3 to the form.
You must upload a connector as guided in 2. Setup. After you have done that, please enter the form:
- Cart Type: Choose ‘OpenCart’
- Cart URL: Your OpenCart URL
- Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php
4.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for OpenCart store.
– Languages Mapping: If your nopCommerce Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in OpenCart Store. You may need to create additional languages in OpenCart Store to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign nopCommerce Cart currencies to proper OpenCart Store currencies. Creating currencies in OpenCart Store may be needed.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign nopCommerce Cart order statuses to proper OpenCart Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in OpenCart Store may be needed.
- Select all data you want to migrate from nopCommerce to OpenCart.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on OpenCart Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in OpenCart if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of nopCommerce will be preserved in OpenCart, allowing keeping Pagerank.
– Transfer images in product descriptions to OpenCart Store: Download all images in product description into OpenCart so that it won’t have to refer back to nopCommerce or anywhere else for images.
– Preserve Customer IDs on OpenCart Store: This will help to preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
– Preserve Order IDs on OpenCart Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
4.3. Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our nopCommerce to OpenCart migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate nopCommerce to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.