How to migrate from Magento to Magento
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Magento to Magento easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
- Permission to upload files to Magento source store
- Permission for Magento to access connector
- PHP Compatibility: PHP 5.3 or later
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder.
Target Magento Data Migration Module Setup
2.1.For Magento 1.x
- Step 1: Check to see if Magento’s Compilation mode has been enabled. If it has, it’s vital to turn it off before installing an extension or making any code changes (go to System > Tools > Compilation).
- Step 2: Use upload file by FTP or uploaded directly to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento site root folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just add new files to the folder structure.
- Step 3: If you are using Magento’s compilation mode, you need to hit the “Run Compilation Process” button to update the compiled state with the newly installed extension (go to System > Tools > Compilation).
- Step 4: Log into your Magento admin console and go to System/Cache Management. Click “Clear Storage Cache“.
- Step 5: Log out admin panel and log in again ( this is a normal behavior of Magento ).
2.2.For Magento 2.x
- Step 1: Access to Magento store by using FTP program and upload ‘Apps’ folder to Magento root folder.
- Step 2:In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root folder:
run these commands:
php -f bin/magento module:enable LitExtension_Core
php -f bin/magento module:enable LitExtension_CartMigration
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade
rm -rf var/view_preprocessed/*
rm -rf pub/static/*
php -f bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
- Step 3: Flush store cache; log out from the backend and log in again.
- Step 4: Allow Admin Account Sharing, to ensure the migration progress will not be stopped when you login Admin from another place. Please go to Backend > Stores > Configuration > Advaced Tab > Admin > Admin Account Sharing change to “YES”.
2.3 Install Connector for Magento source store
- Step 1: Access to Magento store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Upload the folder ‘Magento_connector’ to Magento root folder
- Step 3: Test the connector by accessing http(s)://yourstore.com/magento_connector/connector.php. Connector is set up successfully if getting message “Connector installed”.
- Step 4: For security, open connector.php in ‘connector’ folder, find this very first line:define(‘LECM_TOKEN’, ‘123456’);And change “123456” to another string which used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
3. Enter license key
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is needed to activate your Migration Tool.
After purchasing the product, please login to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find download link and license key for the download package.
Login your Magento Target Store backend, select Cart Migration > Configuration, and copy and paste your license key here
4.1 Magento source store setup
- Cart Type: Choose ‘Magento’
- Cart URL: Your Magento source store URL
- Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php
4.2 Migration Configuration
- Root Category: the category of current Magento store to import all Magento source store categories into.
- Product Attribute Set: select an Attribute Set which is used to import products, all necessary attributes in migration process will be created in to this set.
- Languages Mapping: If your Magento source store is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or storeviews) should be available in Target Magento Store. You may need to create additional languages in Magento Store to avoid data loss.
- Currencies Mapping: Assign Magento source store currencies to proper Target Magento Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Magento source store order statuses to proper Target Magento Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Magento Store may be needed.
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Migrate recent data: if you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current Magento to Magento, after that source store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Magento updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Target Magento Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your Magento source store or anywhere else for images.
- Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
- Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Magento to Magento migration tool– optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Magento to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.