How to migrate from Magento to Magento
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Magento to Magento easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
- Source Store: Magento CE 1.3 – 1.9.x, EE 1.9.x – 1.14.x
- Target Store: Magento CE 1.9.x, EE 1.14.x
After downloading the product zip file from our Store, please extract it into a folder.
2.1. Install Connector for source Magento
- Step 1: Access to Source Magento store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Upload the folder ‘magento_connector’ to Magento root folder
- Step 3: Test the connector by accessing http(s)://yourstore.com/magento_connector/connector.php. Connector is set up successfully if getting message “Connector installed“.
- Step 4: For security, open connector.php in ‘connector’ folder, find this very first line:define(‘LECM_TOKEN’, ‘123456’);And change “123456” to another string which used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission.
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your Hikashop store.
Note: please do not use special characters in token or else the migration tool might fail to work, it should contain number and alphabet characters only. Example:
– Good token: 12ab34cd56
– Bad token: #Fr35h#Mi!5
2.2. Set up module Cart Migration:
Target Magento Data Migration Module Setup
For Magento 1.x
Step 1: Check to see if Magento’s Compilation mode has been enabled. If it has, it’s vital to turn it off before installing an extension or making any code changes (go to System > Tools > Compilation).
Step 2: Use upload file by FTP or uploaded directly to upload or copy all folders in the zip package to your Magento site root folder. This will not overwrite any existing files, just add new files to the folder structure.
Step 3: If you are using Magento’s compilation mode, you need to hit the “Run Compilation Process” button to update the compiled state with the newly installed extension (go to System > Tools > Compilation).
Step 4: Log into your Magento admin console and go to System/Cache Management. Click “Clear Storage Cache“.
Step 5: Log out admin panel and log in again ( this is a normal behavior of Magento ).
3. Enter license key
License Key is an encoded string which comes with your download package. This key is needed to activate your Migration Tool.
After purchasing the product, please log in to our store and enter “My downloadable products” section. Here you will find the download link and license key for the download package.
Login your Magento Target Store backend, select Litextension > Cart Migration > Configuration, and copy and paste your license key here
Fulfill information in the setup table:
- Cart Type: Choose ‘Magento’
- Cart URL: Your Source Cart URL
- Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php . The default token is: 123456
4.2 Migration Configuration
- Entities to Migrate: select all entities to migrate or just a part of them.
- Migrate recent data: if you choose this option, it will migrate new data only. Supposed you have just finished a full migration from your current Magento to Magento, after that source store is still live and continue getting new data, and you want to get your Magento updated with the new data, select this feature to avoid starting over again.
- Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: if you choose this option, all current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared.
- Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: download all images in product description into your store so that it won’t have to refer back to your Magento source store or anywhere else for images.
- Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
- Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: this will help you preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference.
- Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO URLs from the source store will be preserved in Target Magento Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
- Languages Mapping: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages ( or store views) should be available in Target Store. You may need to create additional languages in Target Store to avoid data loss.
- Root Category: If your Source Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages (or store views) should be available in Target Store. You may need to create root category following additional languages in Target Store to avoid data loss.
- Attribute Set: Assign Source Cart attribute set to proper Target Store attribute set. Creating attribute set in Target Store may be needed.
- Orders Status Mapping: Assign Source Cart order statuses to proper Target Store order statuses. Creating additional order statues in Target Store may be needed.
- Currencies Mapping: Assign Source Cart currencies to proper Target Store currencies. Creating currencies in Target Store may be needed.
- Customer Group: Assign Source Cart customer group to proper Target Store customer group. Creating customer group in Target Store may be needed.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser or remove file Connector on both servers.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Magento to Magento migration tool– optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider migrating Magento to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.