How to migrate from Jigoshop to Shopfiy
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Jigoshop to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to Jigoshop store
– Permission for third IP to access Jigoshop store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
2.1. Install Cart Migration
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
2.2. Install Connector for Jigoshop
- Step 1: Access to Jigoshop store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Upload the folder ‘connector’ to Jigoshop root folder
- Step 3: Test the connector by accessing http(s)://yourstore.com/cartmigration_connector/connector.php. Connector is set up successfully if getting message “Connector installed”.
- Step 4: For security, open connector.php in ‘connector’ folder, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string which used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Fulfill information in the setup table:
– Cart Type: Choose ‘Jigoshop ’
– Cart URL: Your Jigoshop URL
– Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php . The default token is: 123456
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to Shopify admin area, copy the admin url to use as “Cart Url” in the form below
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu.
- Press Private Apps button
- Click Create Private App button.
- In the next page, enter your App Title and change all Permissions to “Read and Write”.
- Click Save App, you will see your API Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Jigoshop is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify. You may need to create additional languages in Shopify to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Jigoshop currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Jigoshop order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Jigoshop to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case Jigoshop is still live and continue getting new data during migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Jigoshop will be preserved in Shopify , allowing keeping Pagerank.
– Transfer images in product descriptions to Target Store: Download all images in product description into Shopify so that it won’t have to refer back to Jigoshop or anywhere else for images.
– Preserve Customer IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Customer IDs for easier reference.
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
3.3. Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser of remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Jigoshop to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Jigoshop to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.