How to migrate from EKM to OpenCart?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Ekm to Opencart easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
- Please ensure you have the right permission to upload files.
- It must not block access from any third party IP.
- OpenCart Stores can operate normally during migration as it requires a very limited resource for the process.
- PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
- It is strongly recommended to backup OpenCart first.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export Data From EKM
You need to go to backend of ekm, export necessary data files as guide in the upload form
How to export data from EKM:
Please ensure you read our user guide at:
OpenCart Store Connector Setup
After unzip the package module, go to folder “cartmigration_tool”, copy and upload “cartmigration_connector” into OpenCart root folder. After finished please make sure Connector can be reached at:
If you have any problem reaching the link please ensure you have htaccess configured correctly and the file has execution permission.
For security, please open connector.php, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string, this will be used to enter to the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your OpenCart store.
Note: please do not use special characters in token or else the migration tool might fail to work, it should contain number and alphabet characters only. Example:
– Good token: 12ab34cd56
– Bad token: #Fr35h#Mi!5
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Order Statuses for Shopify store.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Ekm order statuses to proper OpenCart order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Ekm to OpenCart
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, customers, orders will be cleared in OpenCart if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Ekm will be preserved in OpenCart , allowing keeping Pagerank.
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Ekm to OpenCart migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.