How to migrate from Ekm to BigCommerce?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Ekm to BigComemrce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
3.1.1.Export Data From EKM
Please follow the guide at http://blog.litextension.com/how-to-export-data-from-ekmpowershop/
You need to retrieve API credentials from your Bigcommerce admin account.
1. Log in to your BigCommerce store’s control panel.
2. Go to Advanced Settings.
3. Then step to API Accounts.
4. Click Create API Account.
5. Enter a Name for the app, and copy or make note of the API Path.
6. Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/integration requires access.
7. Choose Modify permission for all API resources.
8. After making changes, click Save.
9. Copy or make note of the Client ID and Access Token. If you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge a text file containing the API token and Client ID should have downloaded to your computer.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Order Statuses for Shopify store.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Ekm order statuses to proper BigCommerce order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Ekm to BigComemrce
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, customers, orders will be cleared in BigCommerce if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Ekm will be preserved in BigCommerce , allowing keeping Pagerank.
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Ekm to BigCommerce migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.