How to migrate from Ecwid to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Ecwid to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
2.1. Source and Target Stores Set-up
How to get Ecwid ‘s API:
- Please Login to your Ecwid store’s control panel.
- Look at the top right conner, click on Setup & Tools > Advanced tools > Legacy API Accounts.
- Press “Create a Legacy API Account”.Enter Username.
- Copy API Path and API Token to the fields below.
- Click Save.
How to get Shopify’s API:
- Log in to Shopify admin area, copy the admin url to use as “Cart Url” in the form below
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu.
- Press Private Apps button
- Click Create Private App button.
- In the next page, enter your App Title and change all Permissions to “Read and Write”. Then scroll to bottom, in Custom Storefront area, uncheck this option “Allow this app to access data from your storefront”.
- Click Save App, you will see your API Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
2.2. Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Ecwid is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify. You may need to create additional languages in Shopify to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Ecwid currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Ecwid order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Ecwid to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case Ecwid is still live and continue getting new data during migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option – Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of Ecwid will be preserved in Shopify , allowing keeping Pagerank.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Ecwid to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Ecwid to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.