How to migrate from CS-Cart to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from CS-Cart to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to CS-Cart store
– Permission for the third IP to access CS-Cart store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
2.1. Install Cart Migration
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click on the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
2.2. Install Connector for CS-Cart
- Step 1: Access to CS-Cart store by using FTP program
- Step 2: Upload the folder ‘cartmigration_connector’ to CS-Cart root folder
- Step 3: Test the connector by accessing http(s)://yourstore.com/cartmigration_connector/connector.php. The connector is set up successfully if getting the message “Connector Installed”.
- Step 4: For security, open connector.php in ‘connector’ folder, find this very first line:
And change “123456” to another string which used to enter the Migration Form (Cart Token) and acts like “password” to prevent unauthorized data access to your source store.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of the migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Fulfill information in the setup table:
– Cart Type: Choose ‘CS-Cart’
– Cart URL: Your CS-Cart URL
– Token: The token string which has been configured in connector.php. The default token is: 123456
* Shopify Setup
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Target Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin area, copy the admin Url (remove /admin) to use as “Cart Url” in migration.
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu. Then, scroll down the page and click Manage private apps link.
- In the next page, enter your Private app name. Click “Review disabled Admin API Permissions“and change all Permissions to “Read and Write“.
Then scroll to bottom, in Storefront API area, uncheck this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, at the Admin API area you will see API Key and Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your CS-Cart is multilingual, corresponding languages (or store views) should be available in Shopify.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign CS-Cart currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign CS-Cart order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from CS-Cart to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case CS-Cart is still live and continue getting new data during the migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Preserve Order IDs on Target Store: This will help to preserve your old Order IDs for easier reference
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option
– Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: SEO URL of CS-Cart will be preserved in Shopify, allowing keeping Pagerank.
3.3. Step 3: Migration
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should not close your browser or remove Source Cart Connector.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our CS-Cart to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate CS-Cart to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.