How to migrate from BigCartel to BigCommerce?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Big Cartel to BigCommerce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
2.1. Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export data from Big Cartel to CSV files
- Log into your Big Cartel Admin panel.
- Go to your Orders Tab.
- Press Export CSV button on the right bottom.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Proceed to Import Data step of Migration.
- Upload Orders.csv file.
- Proceed to the next step of your migration.
– Cart URL: https://api.bigcartel.com/store-name/products.json
You need to retrieve API credentials from your Bigcommerce admin account.
1. Log in to your BigCommerce store’s control panel.
2. Go to Advanced Settings.
3. Then step to API Accounts.
4. Click Create API Account.
5. Enter a Name for the app, and copy or make note of the API Path.
6. Under OAuth Scopes, specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/integration requires access.
7. Choose Modify permission for all API resources.
8. After making changes, click Save.
9. Copy or make note of the Client ID and Access Token. If you are using Chrome, Firefox, or Edge a text file containing the API token and Client ID should have downloaded to your computer.
2.2. Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for BigCommerce store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Big Cartel is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in BigCommerce.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Big Cartel currencies to proper BigCommerce currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Big Cartel order statuses to proper BigCommerce order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Big Cartel to BigCommerce.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in BigCommerce if you choose this option – Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Bigcommerce Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Big Cartel to BigCommerce migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.