How to migrate from Big Cartel to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Big Cartel to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission to upload files to Big Cartel store
– Permission for third IP to access Big Cartel store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export data from Big Cartel to CSV file
- Sign in to your Big Cartel admin account.
- Go to Store -> Products and click on “Export Products” button. File export will be sent to the registered email.
- Go to Store -> Orders and click on “Export Orders” button. File export will be sent to the registered email.
- Please login to the email to save the file on the computer. Upload saved file in the corresponding field below.
- Proceed to the next step of your migration..
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to Shopify admin area, copy the admin url to use as “Cart Url” in the form below
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu.
- Press Private Apps button
- Click Create Private App button.
- In the next page, enter your App Title and change all Permissions to “Read and Write”. Then scroll to bottom, in Custom Storefront area, uncheck the option “Allow this app to access data from your storefront”. Otherwise automated email spam will be sent to your customers.
- Click Save App, you will see your API Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Big Cartel is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Big Cartel currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Big Cartel order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Big Cartel to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current customers, orders will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option – Preserve Oder IDs on Target Store: the old order IDs will be maintained from the source site to the target site
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Big Cartel to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Big Cartel to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact Us for more support.