How to migrate from Big Cartel to Shopify?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from Big Cartel to Shopify easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
– Permission for third IP to access Big Cartel store
– PHP Compatibility: PHP 4.x or later.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz/cartmigration_app, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
3.1. Step 1: Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
Export data from Big Cartel to CSV file
Cart Url: https://api.bigcartel.com/store-name/products.json
Import Source Data
Please export your Big Cartel data to CSV file
Proceed with the following steps for required data tables:
- Log into your Big Cartel Admin panel.
- Go to your Orders Tab.
- Press Export CSV button on the right bottom.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Proceed to Import Data step of Migration
Follow similar steps with Shopify as in Source Cart Setup
With the step API Key fulfilling, you can follow as:
- Log in to your Shopify store admin area, copy the admin Url (remove /admin) to use as “Cart Url” in migration.
- From admin area, go to Apps Menu. Then, scroll down the page and click Manage private apps link.
- In the next page, enter your Private app name. Click “Review disabled Admin API Permissions“and change all Permissions to “Read and Write“.
Then scroll to bottom, in Storefront API area, uncheck this option: Allow this app to access data from your storefront.
- Click Save App, at the Admin API area you will see API Key and Password. Copy and paste it into the corresponding field and proceed to the next step.
3.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for Shopify store.
– Languages Mapping: If your Big Cartel is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in Shopify.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign Big Cartel currencies to proper Shopify currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign Big Cartel order statuses to proper Shopify order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from Big Cartel to Shopify.
- Additional Options:
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current customers, orders will be cleared in Shopify if you choose this option – Preserve Oder IDs on Target Store: the old order IDs will be maintained from the source site to the target site
3.3. Step 3: Migration
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our Big Cartel to Shopify migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You can also consider to migrate Big Cartel to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact Us for more support.