How to migrate from 3dCart to BigCommerce?
The essence of LitExtension products focuses on their friendliness to users, which means that every shopping cart owners, even who has little knowledge of technology, can follow guidance and migrate data from 3dCart to BigCommerce easily. You are advised that need not to consult any other sources except this understandable step-by-step guide below.
Cart Migration is a web application, it will be installed automatically.
Please login to LitExtension and go to My Account > My Downloadable Products then click to the Hosted Tool link to do fully automatic installations.
Return to http://mycm.litextension.com/cm/abc/xyz, you are now at Step 1 of migration process.
The migration will go through 3 simple steps. Just hit “Next” when you finish one step to advance.
2.1. Source Cart and Target Cart Setup
How to get 3dCart’s API
Log into your 3dCart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand-navigation menu:
- Step 1: Go to Modules 3dcart site
- Step 2: Look for the SOAP API module and click on its + Icon to expand the selection.
- Step 3: Click on the “Change Settings” link
- Step 4: Place a mark in the “Enable API” checkbox.
- Step 5: Copy your API key and click on the “Save” button at the top right.
– Cart Type: Choose ‘3dCart’
– Cart URL: Your 3dCart URL
Get User name, API Path and API Token from BigCommerce
- From admin area, go to Advanced Settings
- Click ‘Legacy API Settings’
- Create a Legacy API account
- Click Save to finish
2.2. Step 2: Migration Configuration
- Select suitable Languages, Order Statuses and Currencies for BigCommerce store.
– Languages Mapping: If your 3dCart is multilingual, corresponding languages (or storeviews) should be available in BigCommerce. You may need to create additional languages in BigCommerce to avoid data loss.
– Currencies Mapping: Assign 3dCart currencies to proper BigCommerce currencies.
– Orders Status Mapping: Assign 3dCart order statuses to proper BigCommerce order statuses.
- Select all data you want to migrate from 3dCart to BigCommerce.
- Additional Options:
– Migrate recent data: In case 3dCart is still live and continue getting new data during migration process, this option helps to migrate recent ones only without starting over again.
– Clear current data on Target Store before Migration: All current products, categories, manufacturers, customers, orders, product reviews, taxes will be cleared in BigCommerce if you choose this option – Migrate categories and products SEO URLs: if you choose this option, old SEO urls of source will be preserved in Bigcommerce Store, allowing you to maintain your Pagerank.
The migration will take place automatically in this final step. In order for it to progress, you should keep API info on source site.
After the migration is completed, click on “Clear Cache and ReIndex Data” to finish.
That’s all about migration process which can be carried out yourselves. Technical knowledge and skills are not necessary to use LitExtension shopping cart migration tools. Hope that with this detailed guide and attached video, online store owners don’t hesitate to try our live demo and decide to use our 3dCart to BigCommerce migration tool – optimized solution for your online business.
You also can consider to migrate your current 3dCart to other target carts:
If you have any question, please feel free Contact us for more support.